Monday, February 14, 2011

Perfectly Imperfect


My perspective on this day of love has been changed by the following song. May you be blessed by Matthew West's song "Wouldn't Change a Thing":
http://www.klove.com/promodetails.aspx?i=5531
(just click the "Play" button next to where it says "Listen to the winning song")

If I'm honest, I could allow my life and this day to be earmarked by the following conflicting emotions:

Love/Sadness.
Joy/Pain.
Hope/Despair.
Plenty/Want...

...but oh the joy of resting, not in my emotions, but on the Rock of my life, Jesus Christ!

On this love day it was such a blessed reminder to walk into Ashlyn's kindergarten room and see the following emblazoned upon her Valentine receptacle:

For God so loVed the world
ThAt He gave
His onLy begotten Son
That whosoEver should
Believe iN Him
Shall noT
PerIsh but
Have eterNal
LifE.
- John 3:16

My life is, indeed, perfectly imperfect, and I wouldn't change a thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is No better Valentine then our Lord Jesus, for only His unfailing love is pure and everlasting!!!!!!! AND will never let us down.

Aunt Sally