Tuesday, March 22, 2011

FAT

This boy?

This boy is a fount of wisdom. He gets it. He lives it. Sure he's my son, and surely I'm biased, but I am so proud of the young man Garrett is growing into. And yes he's a work in progress but aren't we all?

Tonight at the dinner table, shortly after a heart-to-heart teachable moment that included a reprimand, Garrett shared a nugget of truth that revealed his heart to do right by the Lord. I was so encouraged by what he'd been thinking on after our aforementioned discussion, and I was downright encouraged in my own walk with the Lord as well.

"Mom," he said. "Mrs. C [his fourth grade teacher] is always reminding us to be FAT."

"Fat?", I asked, never having heard the acronym and assuming his teacher must have meant fat on the Word or something of the sort.

"Yeah, Flexible, Adaptable, and Teachable. And really? I think that can be used in every area of our life."

Oh how right you are, son of mine!

1 comment:

Libbie said...

I have heard this before but it was such a good reminder and I love that Garrett is being taught these principles. He is such a great little boy. I hope my kids turn out as well as yours! :)