Thursday, October 30, 2008

Miscellany


Simple ingredients, right? And yes, be still oh hearts, you did in fact see two sticks of butter. Repeat after me, "butter is my friend"! Butter and myself have a love affair of sorts, and if ya'll can't handle that depth of relationship then you may want to search for a new recipe. In any case, simple ingredients lead to wonderful results:

These are the resultant shortcakes which we topped with sugared strawberries, vanilla ice cream, and homemade whipped cream. I think it's fair to say that these were well enjoyed by us as well as by our dinner guests. It was a bit of summer goodness at the beginning of fall.

The next picture was taken during Brody's kindergarten Creation Play yesterday. It was absolutely adorable and I caught on film, many-a-times, his classmate looking up at Brody with admiration. I don't know what it is but wherever this little guy goes the girls go ga-ga!


And last, but surely not least is the picture I captured as I herded the kids out the door for school. Living up north, surrounded by mountains heralds the most incredible, breath taking sunrises. The trick is to be up early enough to see them. Thank God for motherhood because I don't ever have a problem seeing the sun rise!

No comments: