Thursday, June 12, 2008

When It Rains It Pours (Pun Intended)

Guess what I woke up to this morning? Increased flooding in my basement. I say increased because I discovered the problem on Tuesday afternoon and had remedied it with a few stratigically placed towels and furniture pushed to the center of each room. Or so I thought until 10 am this morning! I went downstairs to check on the water level and lo and behold there was standing water everywhere! Murphy's Law was really intact in this situation because Zack has been on the east coast the entire week for work.

So what's a woman to do with her man out of town? Well I shifted it into high gear, and called in the troops. The combined effort of all our wonderful friends had the basement cleared of belongings within an hour. Suffice it to say that we have been battling the onslaught all day and we now have a nearly demolished basement to show for it. Wanna see? Sure I'll share pictures because then maybe I can garner your sympathy, right? RIGHT?

Previous to this we had beautiful ash colored laminate flooring, floorboards and a somewhat tastefully designed basement complete w/ a play room:


How It All Began


The Family Room Now


Boy's Room (yes the entire floor is covered with wata)


The Bathroom


Standing water w/ our trusty pump that now ejects water

I would show you my ever-growing laundry pile, the line in our homeowner's insurance policy that excludes ground water intrusion (which this is), or even my weary face but ya know, I don't want to garner too much sympathy now do I. Or do I?

Over and out ya'll. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: