Monday, February 4, 2008

Superbowl weekend = food, right?




So how 'bout them Giants?!?! What a fun game to watch, plus I always love it when the underdog comes out ahead! That said, I sure am glad the weekend is over. Don't get me wrong, I love the time with my hubby, Zack; the days off of school; and the time spent in my p.j.'s on a Saturday morning. This weekend, however, this weekend was a free-for-all food fest for me. Can anyone relate?


It all started with an incredible date night at Looie's Down Under, probably one of my favorite restuarants in Bozeman! The atmosphere is ecclectic with a touch of class and you can go glam or wear that pair of most comfy jeans you love so much. My 4oz. filet with balsamic reduction was INCREDIBLE and the 4oz. piece of salmon was good as well. And to top dinner off I had the most rich piece of chocolate cake I've ever had. Mmm, mmm, mmm!


Saturday was a snack day in all it's glory. We watched some friend's kids, all boys, four of 'em, all six-years-old and under. You can imagine that I didn't go to a whole lot of work to prepare food with seven kids all under the age of six under foot, but I do have to say that I made homemade tortillas for quesidillas. Again, mmm!!


Sunday some friends had us over for an incredible brunch after church, and not even an hour after leaving there we headed to another friend's house for the Superbowl. Our spread there included meatballs, Doritos, chips and guacamole, nut bites, cookies, bbq deer sandwhiches (and yep you read that right, venison), fruit, veggies, and assorted drinks. It was all great stuff, although by the end of the night my stomach was pretty much on stike!


Needless to say, I dragged my bulging stomach (and rear, and hips, and...) to the gym this morning. Is there such a thing as repenting on the treadmill? Anyway, since I wrote about nothing but food, I'd love to hear about your weekend using only as many names of food as possible!

No comments: