Thursday, January 27, 2011

Life According to Ashlyn



The golden rule is big in our house. It's not uncommon for Zack or myself to be heard asking the kids to recite the golden rule in the midst of sibling rivalry (*gasp* our family actually experiences that?) or general strife. "Remember," we tell them over and over, "do unto others as you would have done unto you."

It's also not unheard of to hear one or the other of us adults issuing unsolicited advice such as: 'Never play leapfrog with a unicorn', or 'You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose.'

So maybe it should come as no surprise that in the midst of a serious teachable moment I reminded Ashlyn to think of the golden rule. "I know the golden rule, mom," she replied. "You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friend's nose."

Touche little one, touche!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So great of you to record the precious words of children's wisdom. She is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. I love to hear from you! and I love your family.

Aunt Sally

Libbie said...

Jennie,

Love that you are starting this back up! I love that I get to benefit from reading about your life! Now listen here... I will leave you comments because you will see how fun it is to get comments. My hope is you will see how fun comments are and start leaving some on my blog too! So my comments are totally selfishly motivated, huh, :)!!!!!