Monday, December 29, 2008

Evaluating Priorities


As I look at heading into 2009, I must admit that my life needs some reorganization. While most of my time is spent wisely, I'm no better than anyone else, and I find myself whittling away time here in front of the computer far too often. While the Internet is a powerful tool (heck, just last month the kids and were able to hop online to research the process of egg production in chickens), it can also be a drain on my time.

The book of Ephesians (chapter 5, verses 15 and 16 for those interested) exhorts me to, "Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity...". Quite honestly, a personal blog is not the wisest use of my time, nor is it an example I desire to set for my children.

I have loved this outlet and have much enjoyed the contact it has allowed me with all ya'll. I have not, however, loved the time it has sapped because I have chosen to allow it to.

This, my friends will be the end of my blogging foray. Please know, those of you who have faithfully followed and kept up with me via this site, I will be trying to use the extra time I'll have freed up to send you personal little blurbs w/ pictures. The time required will be less and the contact more personal.

Catch ya on the flip side! Over and out...:)

No comments: