Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Better Than What You'd Buy

Do you ever have a hankering that just won't quit? A hankering you know you MUST satisfy. A hankering you know will NEVER be satisfied unless you, yourself, make that which will satisfy the empty hole in your stomach yearning for some goodness?

Well behold the product of my hankering, ta-da:

BIG, FAT, CHEWY, CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES, courtesy of Allrecipes.com



These cookies, my friends, are nearly beyond description good. Talk about melt in your mouth AND in your hand! These cookies are better than, well, anything you could get in the store for sure. Make these and ya'll can thank me later. Trust me, you won't be sorry:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Big-Fat-Chewy-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie/Detail.aspx
(just copy and paste this link, but don't say I didn't warn you!)

And the only modifications I made are as follows:

1) To heighten the whole grain value I substituted 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour for one of the cups of all purpose flour.
2) I used organic cane sugar in place of the granulated.
3) Last but not least, I replaced 1/4 cup of butter with 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, sacrificing the fat but definitely not the taste.

Happy eating my faithful readers!

2 comments:

Chikki said...

These look so tasty...I've been wanting to make choc chip cookies but my diet keeps me from doing so (I know I'll end up eating ALL of them). Good idea in the substitutions.

Anonymous said...

ooh i've tried this recipe before! they're so goood! but my cookies were so soft they kept falling apart; i probably should've kept them in the oven longer!